60Csx Accuracy...

Ask questions about GPS Garmin equipment here.

60Csx Accuracy...

Postby MCF » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:06 am

I got my 60CSx and just learning to use it really. I have dowloaded v2.71 and everything appears to be working. On my balcony, I am getting strong signals from 7 or 8 satellites. I have WAAS enabled but none of the signals are showing a D and my accuracy is only about +/- 20 feet. Does this sound right? Thanks!
MCF

Re: 60Csx Accuracy...

Postby Oz » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:30 pm

It does sound correct.

Where are you, your current location has a lot to do with your ability to recieve waas until september.

Never forget, the EPE (accurracy) is very very conservative on the new garmin units. If you want a true test leave it in a yard/field with full visibility for a bit, I get down near 10ft EPE driving around all the time. On my drive from Tucson to Phoenix today I had 8 or 9ft EPE with WAAS 35.
Oz

Thanks....

Postby MCF » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:40 am

I am located in Houston, Texas very close to downtown. On a street lined with 3 story homes very close together and pretty narrow streets. I have only lost satellite signal while inside my house which is also a three story home with tech shield (metal lining) in the attic....even then, it takes a while for it to lose the signal.
MCF

Re: 60Csx Accuracy...

Postby Oz » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:22 am

Judging by your location you're getting exactly the accuracy you should with your 60csx.
Oz

Cool....

Postby MCF » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:15 am

Thanks!
MCF

Return to Garmin