Dialing POI with Garmin Nuvi 360

Ask questions about GPS Garmin equipment here.

Dialing POI with Garmin Nuvi 360

Postby big99 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:15 pm

I just purchased the Garmin 360 the other day. Honestly I was a bit disappointed because I had the Mio 310x and it has some neat features. You can customize the map features a lot more than you can the 360. I like how it shows multiple street names while I'm driving and also displays the actual name and not CR-11. Anyway, the nuvi is pretty cool. It's accurate, has a lot of features, and the bluetooth in and of itself makes it worth it for me. Anyway, when my phone isn't hooked up to the 360 (via bluetooth) is displays the number correctly with the area code and number. However, once I sync my phone with the unit it displays +1 then the area code and the number and it actually dials like this so the call won't go through. Is there a fix for this? Besides text messaging, all the other features seem to work fine. I have a Samsung A900. It's not on the list of compatible phones but I didn't have any problem at all syncing it with the 360. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!!!!
big99

Re: Dialing POI with Garmin Nuvi 360

Postby novacruiser » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:05 pm

I just noticed today that my Nuvi 360 displays numbers as +1. I have one number in My Favorites without the +1, but every other number displays with the +1. I can't seem to display another other number without it. Mine is a LG VX8300 also not on the list of approved phones, but it links up with the Nuvi perfectly. Anyone else has seen this or has a solution for it? Thanks, David
novacruiser

Postby big99 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:39 pm

I called Garmin yesterday to find out about this. The guy I spole with said that's the format for international calls and to try seeing if there was a setting in my phone that might take that off or to download the latest firmware for my phone. So far, no luck
big99

Postby TerryGPS » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:48 am

Hey Dude, I've got your phone and love it when I'm using my nuvi660. Your right it does not list the phone on it's compatable list however it works great. I can even use the voice dial feature, through my nuvi! Is that cool or what. The only small draw back is maybe the fm feature, but when you use earbuds it's the shit. Hope this helps.
TerryGPS

Return to Garmin