Explorist 500, cannot find WINXP patch

Ask questions about GPS Magellan equipment here.

Explorist 500, cannot find WINXP patch

Postby ahennessy33 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:19 pm

I just purchased an Explorist 500 as my first GPS unit... so far I'm pretty happy with it as far as using the onboard functions, but of course I want to be able to use the PC interface... which so far seems like a total nightmare. Please, someone tell me it gets better!?

Anyhow, right now I can't even get it connected to my PC, my WINXP Pro SP2 doesn't recognize the USB device, I know I've heard of a patch somewhere but I can't find it, I've searched everywhere on the Magellan site.

Please, someone help! : )

Thanks in advance
ahennessy33

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:39 pm

I had this problem also, I turned the cable around where it fastens to the gps, the cable should point towards the bottom of the unit...

Win XP and Magellan Explorist 500

Postby Admin » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:37 am

We had the same problem and we've got Win XP working. I had to disconnect a networked drive letter and it started working almost immediately.
Admin
Site Admin

GPS & PC

Postby Kosdav » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:31 pm

Hi,
I too had the same problem. Like the guy above said .....
Make sure your cable is on the right way. Connect it so the cable s down the unit and not away from it. Form the way they made the cable and the markings on the unit it would appear to be you are putting it on backwards. Someone wasn't thinking too hard when they designed the cable. :D
XP should recognize it right away now.
Enjoy
Kosdav

Return to Magellan