Is this a good reason to get TT N 6??

Questions and Comments about TomTom gps receivers and navigation devices

Is this a good reason to get TT N 6??

Postby ajlee7 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:36 am

I have a TT Classic and I'm thinking of getting GPS capabilites for my TREO 700WX. There are a lot of good GPS Software in the market but I'm leaning towards choosing TT N 6 because I already know how to use the software. Does this make sense and is that a good reason to get TT N 6. Also, can you use TT Home with both TT N 6 and TT Classic?
ajlee7

Re: Is this a good reason to get TT N 6??

Postby philpugh » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:08 pm

Depends what you want to use it for. BTW what is the 'Classic' - The original TomTom Go?

As you already have a TT unit - you will be familiar with the interface - but are you going to use both in your car?

I would personally find the All-in-one solution more attractive. Having a separate BT GPS system is OK - but they need charging from time-to time. Also you will need to keep the Treo on charge in the car to stop it depleting the battery too much - you wil need to keep the backlight on to see it.

I do have an old copy of TT5 (UK maps) on my older Nokia 6680. It's works fine - but I find that navigating the app is fiddly - it's not touch screen. I tend to use it as a passenger in other vehicles. Phone/PDAs with touch screens are designed (by and large) to be used with a stylus - not something to be recommended whilst driving - and you are bound to want to display some other info at some point in a journey.

Phil
philpugh

Postby ajlee7 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:20 am

Yes, TomTom Classic is the original All in One GPS. I'm going to use the PDA as a backup so I think I'll just stick with something I know I get the TT N 6 THanks.
ajlee7

Postby mikealder » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:57 pm

You will be able to use TomTom Home with both units, BUT not without some "fun" it is designed to work with a single device, switching between mutiple devices is possible but not too reliable IMHO - Mike
mikealder

Postby aras » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:34 am

I use 2 different devices with TT Home. I just log in with different names, but means it is like 2 single devices.
aras

Return to TomTom